Tuesday, June 28, 2011

4 days down, how many more to go? :)

Wow, so here I am in Beijing and it would be an understatement to say that everything is sooooo different!! But, I love it. It's definitely interesting to be a minority and have EVERYONE stare at you, and I mean absolutely EVERYONE. I hope I at least get used to that quickly. Describing the city in a few adjectives I would say it is busy, hot, dirty, and eye-opening. It's amazing. I have this idea that to try to take in as much as I can I will take a picture everyday so that I can keep some sort of photo journal on what our lives are like while we are here. I think I am going to post these as a set of 7 once a week. (As in 7 days a week. :) So look for my first installment of Photos by 7 on Saturday Beijing time... That would be Friday for you western folk.

This experience has been interesting so far and by no means has it been easy. I already think that this move to Beijing for the summer has been one of the most difficult things I have ever done in my life, but I am completely open to the culture, the history, the food and the way of living. I'm excited for it to get better and better every day as I get used to living here. By the way, Michael loves his job, and is having such a great time here.

1 comment:

  1. China is such a crazy place- the culture is super different eh? WE miss you here Jayna! Glad you made it safely :)

    ReplyDelete